Generally there are two types of people in life. Some people in life are happy to just take part – to go with the flow. Others have the competitive streak within them and are always striving to perform better. I don’t just mean winning at sports and activities, I also mean in life. Having been involved in professional sport for many years, we can draw some common principles from some true champions. Read on to discover my views on what it takes to be a winner…
1. Focus on your strengths. Many elite athletes have a particular strength that they completely master which sets them apart from the competition, for example David Beckham and his free kicks and crosses or tennis ace Andy Roddick and his 150mph serves. Do you know what your strengths are if so what do you do to capitalise on them?
2. Train hard. You have to put the hours in. Look at how many hours training professional teams do in relation to when they need to perform on match day. A Premiership football team may train for 20 hours a week all for 90 minutes performance on a Saturday afternoon. How much training do you do in relation to your performance?
3. Train smart. Don’t just do what you think is right, make sure what you are doing is right! Learn from the experts so you maximise every training session and continually research the latest findings. Are you still doing what you’ve always done-because if you are you’ll keep getting the same results!
4. Prepare your PIE! That means are you Physically, Intellectually and Emotionally prepared? All three create harmony and balance and imbalances can reduce your performance.
5. Strive for excellence, not perfection. The nature of the human mind allows us to get better and better. Therefore perfection can always be improved upon, so don’t stop there!
6. Clearly establish your vision and map your goals which act as stepping stones to your achieve your vision. You wouldn’t go to the train station and board a train if you didn’t know where you where going!
7. Visualise your success. Once you have created your goal, mentally rehearse achieving them. If we convince the brain that we can achieve them reality normally follows suit!
8. Tough times makes you stronger! There is no doubt about it, you will suffer some disappointment or defeat along the way. At the time it is often very painful, but as soon as you get through the emotional turmoil turn the lesson into a positive – never give up!
9. Do what you love and love what you do! You have to have fun!
Applying these principles in sport is proven, my question to you is can they be applied to work, business and life in general? I think you know the answer!
With our flexible start dates as well as locations near you, putting up your brand new PT training occupation with us is not hard! In case you’re learning in the UK you will want to make certain that you are able to get your level 3 certificate; which the online individual trainer program certificate you get is accredited by the Registry of Exercise Professionals. Our popular Focus Training courses associated with this particular blog post on what it takes to be a winner! include our level 2 gym instructor courses, exercise referral qualification, sports massage courses near me and the extremely popular pt courses.
Focus Training personal trainer classes as well as qualifications are internationally recognised, with learning facilities and tutors all over the UK. Via our main page you can find a lot more educational information on pt courses online.