In the modern age of health and fitness, it is common for people to become overwhelmed with the endless sources of nutritional advice and help on offer making it hard to establish what is right from wrong. This is why it is important to know what diets and methods you should focus on to stay fit and help others do the same.
Crash dieting is one area of nutrition that has been in debate since the very beginning.
- Calorie intake drops below BMR
- The body enters starvation mode
- BMR is reduced by 20-30% in 24 hours
- Rate of fat break down begins to slow down
- Fat storage is increased
- Lean tissue is broken down to maintain blood sugar levels
- BMR is further reduced down to less lean tissue
- Client resumes original eating pattern
- Client has a lower BMR than when they started the diet
- Weight is added back on (more often than not)
If you want more tips, trick, advice, and news like this, head to the Focus Training blog or our new YouTube channel.