Sports Massage Courses
Add Sports Massage To Your Skillset
Leading to Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Sports massage therapy has become hugely popular with fitness enthusiasts and personal trainers. It is recognised as a means of reducing down-time through rehabilitation, and is even used to help prevent many common sporting injuries. As a result, there is an increasing demand for sports massage therapists.
This fascinating course offers a truly in-depth curriculum and is as relevant to trainers as it is to anyone who wishes to only specialise in sports massage. Above all it will help you gain the practical skills needed to deliver a range of sports massage techniques to your clients. In short, whether you are a PT or a resident massage therapist at a health club, this course is a must.
16 REPs points
Ask us anything.
Our Sports Massage course is popular. As a result places are snapped up very quickly. If you need to ask us anything (prices, early-bird discounts, venues, learner loan eligibility), just ping us, ring us or message us. We are here to help.
Prices start from £1450.00 with funding options available.
Course Information, Structure & Locations.
Whether you are starting a new career as a Sports Massage Therapist or extending your current massage portfolio, the Diploma in Sports Massage is the ideal qualification. For certified personal trainers and Pilates instructors, a Diploma in Sports Massage will give you a competitive edge and help you to grow your client base.
Sports massage involves the manipulation of soft tissue, namely skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Consequently it particularly beneficial to anyone engaged in regular physical activity. It assists in correcting problems and imbalances in soft tissue that are caused from repetitive or strenuous fitness activities. The application of sports massage, prior to and after exercise, can enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
You will learn to:
- Assess clients and construct a sports massage treatment plan.
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction.
- Understand how to determine the appropriate techniques for specific clients.
- Apply a range of sports massage techniques and understand their effects on the body
Take your career to the next level. Choose one of our Sports Massage Courses in Manchester, Cheshire Oaks, London, Birmingham and Leeds.
All of your learning materials, including an Active IQ manual, can be accessed via our e-Learning portal.
What you will learn:
- The structural organisation of the human body
- The structure and functions of the skin
- The structure and functions of the skeletal system
- The structure and functions of joints
- The structure and functions of the muscular system
- The structure and functions of the nervous system
- The characteristics of the different types of nerves
- The structure and functions of the endocrine system
- The structure and functions of the cardiovascular system
- The structure and functions of the respiratory system
- The structure and functions of the lymphatic system
- The structure and functions of the digestive system
- The structure and functions of the urinary system
- The components and principles of fitness
- Soft tissue dysfunction
- The process of repair of soft tissue
- The scope of practice in sports massage
- Professional practice in sports massage
- The fundamentals of sports massage treatments - Pre-event, Inter/intra-event, Post-event, Maintenance
- Sports massage techniques – methods, application, effect, safety considerations
- Assess and screen clients for sports massage treatments
- Carry out client assessments
- Apply sports massage treatments
- Evaluation of sports massage treatments
Home Study & Hands On
After completing your home study you will attend six practical course days. These comprise two 3-day attendances, approximately a month apart. This will allow you plenty of time to practice your skills at home. Tutors will observe you practising and give specific feedback on your techniques. The practical assessment will be on day six of the course.
Course attendance will be at one of our training centres throughout the UK. Check course availability.
We run Sport Massage Courses in:
Sports Massage Therapy Course Manchester (David Lloyd, Trafford Park)
- 29 November- 1 December 19 / 10-12 January 20
- 20-22 March 20/17-19 April 20
Sports Massage Therapy Course London (South Bank Club, Vauxhall)
- 8-10 November 19/6-8 December 19
- 27-29 March 20/1-3 May 20
Sports Massage Therapy Course Walsall (The Hub)
- 3-5 April 20/8-10 May 20
Sports Massage Therapy Course Leeds (University of Leeds - The Edge)
- 24-26 April 20/05-07 June 20
- 16-18 October 20/20-22 November 20