Focus Training is pleased to announce that as of January 2012 we will be offering the new QCF Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Exercise for the Management of Low Back Pain. This latest qualification supersedes any other Level 4 LBP qualification and we are really excited about being one of the first providers to offer it to our learners.
This qualification recognises the importance of qualifying fitness professionals to the highest level possible to help clients safely bridge the gap from the Physiotherapist to the Health and Fitness Facility.
Level 4 LBP Entry Requirements:
• Learners must hold a Level 3 fitness instructing qualification e.g. Certificate in Personal Training, Certificate in Exercise Referral, Diploma in Instructing Pilates Mat-work
• Please note: from September 2011 in order to access REP’s Level 4 Specialist Instructor, learners will need to also hold an accredited Exercise Referral qualification.
To train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of patients/ clients with low back pain.
• To development of a specific in-depth understanding of functional anatomy and bio-mechanics, relating to the spine and lower back.
• To apply appropriate training approaches to plan and design progressive programmes for clients with low back pain.
• To develop an understanding of the disease process and how activity or inactivity influences low back pain management
• To develop an understanding of medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbidities that influence an individual’s ability to exercise safely and effectively.
Please call 0333 9000 222 for more information.