Cathy completed her Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification with us, back in 2002 but last year decided to get back into the industry and has since added a number of qualifications to her personal training resume…
– Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instruction & Personal Training (Focus Training May 2018)
– NVQ Level 2 Sport, Recreation and Allied Occupations Operational Services (2002)
– Exercise to Music Instructor (2001)
– Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (currently in progress with Focus Training)
– Active IQ Level 4 Diploma in Obesity & Diabetes (currently in progress with Focus Training)
Cathy had a passion for dancing for over 13 years, before finding a fondness for fitness.
“Back then it was big hair, thong leotards, leg warmers and the ‘grapevine’ was a common occurrence! Luckily times have changed somewhat. I went on to work for various fitness facilities, including our local council led-facility for approximately 7 years, teaching everything from aerobics, step, circuits and bodybalance.”
Cathy emigrated to Spain in 2002, and when she returned seven years later, made the move to become a personal trainer.
“I love to help others achieve their goals, whether that be to lose weight, tone up or generally increase their fitness levels.”
Cathy offers a wide variety of training techniques, including core strength, weight loss, muscle tone, posture correction, cardio fitness and facetime training. She trains clients on a 1-2-1 basis or 2-2-2 basis as well as conducting health assessments.
A freelance personal trainer, Cathy works with two leisure providers, teaching various fitness classes including spinning and circuits.
Contact Cathy via her website here.
Ready to follow in Cathy’s footsteps and get started on that new fitness career? Contact the team or find a course venue near you.