Kettlebell exercises are an excellent way to improve total body conditioning utilising momentum and gravity to challenge your cardiovascular and muscular systems.
Initially the techniques may be hard to learn but the rewards in calorific expenditure, core and total body conditioning are well worth it!
- Stand with the kettlebell in one hand.
- Squat down and allow the kettlebell to swing through the legs.
- Stand up quickly generating momentum through the knees and hips onto the kettlebell.
- Catch the kettlebell on the back of the wrist next to the shoulder.
- Simultaneously press the kettlebell to arms length whilst bending down to touch your opposite arm to your ankle. Keep your head looking at the kettlebell.
- Stand back up straight whilst lowering the kettlebell back to the shoulder.
- Allow the kettlebell to drop controlling the momentum as it swings back through the legs and repeat.