The 2013 State of the UK Fitness Industry Report reveals that the UK health and fitness industry has grown its total market value by 1.5% to £3.92 billion over the twelve-month period to the end of March 2013.
Summary of key facts:
- Total Market Value (public and private sectors combined) is estimated at £3.92 billion, up 1.5% on 2012.
- 12.6% of the UK population are now registered as members of a private health and fitness club or a publicly-owned fitness facility contrasting with 12.1% in the previous year.
- Total industry membership base is the strongest growth indicator, up 4.5% to 7.9 million over the past 12 months.
- 167 new public and private fitness facilities opened in the 12 month period ending 31st March 2013, up from 163 in 2012, 149 in 2011 and 122 in 2010.
- There are now 6,019 fitness facilities in the UK, up from 5,900 last year.
(source: Independent leisure market analysts The Leisure Database Company.)
Despite being in a recessionary period, the fitness sector is still expanding thanks to strong performance from both private and public fitness facilities. Not surprisingly, it is the private low-cost sector which saw significant growth across the three key performance indicators – number of clubs, member numbers and total market value.
Obviously, to get the profession in fitness you require stable qualifications. You might begin with simple personal trainer qualifications but preferably need to upskill yourself to be professional and competitive fully. Our preferred Focus Training courses associated with this particular blog post on fitness industry is in the best shape ever include our fitness instructor courses, exercise referral course, sports massage course and the extremely popular personal training courses.
An internet personal trainer course provides a convenient and flexible way for pupils to learn. The instruction and info materials which are needed to learn are provided to the pupil in an internet format. Through our main page, you are able to find much more educational info on pt courses.