This is two simple exercises joined together to really increase the intensity of your training session. You don’t need a lot of weight to start with and ensure your technique stays strict to avoid any injuries.
- Start in a standing position with the dumbbells in hand.
- Drop into the burpee position whilst still holding the dumbbells. You will need to concentrate on stabilising your shoulders to stop them from moving.
- Perform your burpee ensuring you don’t hyperextend your lower back.
- Then drive the dumbbells up with your legs as with a normal clean, catching them at shoulder height with a ‘hammer’ grip.
- Press the dumbbells above your head with your palms facing inwards, but don’t lock the elbows.
- Lower the dumbbells under control back to the side of your body.
That’s 1 rep done, just another 9 to go!