COMBINED PT DIPLOMA: From a standing start, Level 2 Gym & Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualifications
What makes our Diploma unique amongst Personal Trainer Courses is that it addresses both Level 2 Fitness Instructor and Level 3 Personal Trainer qualifications. As a result, it takes you from enthusiastic amateur to fully qualified fitness professional. Our PT Diploma Course will fast-track you to a new career in the fitness industry. You will be in possession of all of the skills needed to work in a gym or health club environment. You may even choose to be your own boss and become a self-employed personal trainer!
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training is a seamless solution for anyone wanting to become a qualified Personal Trainer from a standing start!
ALREADY GOT YOUR LEVEL 2? Take the next step with a Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualification
Our flagship Level 3 Personal Trainer Courses are perfect for those who already possess their Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification. They cover advanced training techniques such as lifting form, CV training methods, anatomy and physiology, client assessment and programming. Advance your skills with the UK’s leading Personal Trainer Course provider.
Take your career to the next level. Choose one of our full-time or part-time Personal Trainer Courses in Manchester, Cheshire Oaks, London, Birmingham and York.
Your Personal Trainer journey starts here.
From the moment you have decided to become a Personal Trainer, we’ve got your back!
- Whether you already have your GYM INSTRUCTOR qualification or you are looking to combine both Level 2 & Level 3, start by selecting the first date and venue of your Personal Trainer Courses
- Once selected, secure your choice with as little as a £100 deposit
- Your dedicated Course Advisor will contact you to confirm dates and venues. In addition, they can answer any questions and offer lots of great advice.
- If you do not already have a GYM INSTRUCTOR LEVEL 2 qualification, your Course Advisor will go through the options available to you. For instance, we will work out the best dates and most efficient bundles. We are here to ensure a smooth, workable schedule so that you achieve your goal at your pace and pass with flying colours!
- Your Course Advisor can organise the final dates of your PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE and advise on course structure, schedule and can even advise on finance options.
Personal Trainer Diploma is split into two areas:
Level 2 Fitness Instructor*
You will learn how to plan and deliver your own gym sessions, using up-to-date methods of programming and instructing skills. In addition, you will acquire an in-depth knowledge of health and fitness, including first-hand experience of using gym equipment, as well as:
- How to warm up / cool down
- Anatomy and physiology
- Free weight exercising techniques
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Resistance machine exercise techniques
- Body weight training
- Flexibility training
- Principles of exercise programme design
- Communication and teaching skills
- Screening and risk factor identification
- Promoting physical activity for a healthier lifestyle
- Healthy pregnancy
- Healthy older adult
- Fitness for children 14+
- Customer care – the do’s and dont’s
- Health and safety in the workplace
*If you already have your Level 2 Fitness Instructor certificate simply book your Level 3 Personal Trainer course and take your career to the next level!
Level 3 Personal Trainer Course
Building on the skills and knowledge acquired in the first half of this diploma, you will learn advanced personal training techniques. These include: lifting form; CV training methods; anatomy and physiology; client assessment and programming.
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Advanced cardiovascular training methods
- Advanced resistance training methods
- Movement screening – postural assessment and overhead squat assessment
- SMART Goal setting
- Progressive exercise programming
- Teaching exercise outdoors
- Olympic lifting techniques
- Plyometric and motor skill development
- Functional core stability training
- PNF stretching (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation)
- Nutritional basis of healthy eating
- Analysis of food labels
- Eating for energy
- Analysis of food diaries
- Passive fitness assessments including blood pressure testing, skin fold measuring, postural analysis
- Active fitness assessments including movement screening, VO2 Max assessments, muscular strength and endurance assessments
Personal Training Coursework support from expert tutors:
PART TIME PERSONAL TRAINING COURSE: Once you have booked your course, one of our dedicated tutors will be in touch to plan your learning schedule. We are with you all the way, providing support, guidance, coursework feedback and revision sessions over the phone. Your tutor will advise on preparation for your practical course days. You will attend your chosen training venue for a number of weekend workshops – 11 days attendance in total.
FULL TIME PERSONAL TRAINING COURSE: If you’ve chosen to study full-time we’ll send you all the information you need before your chosen course date.
Once enrolled you will receive hard copy manuals along with full access to our online learning platform with interactive revision tools and quizzes to test your knowledge. You can also complete elements of the home study work from here.
How do I submit my work for the Personal Trainer Diploma course?
Most students choose to submit their home-study units online through interactive questioning. If you prefer, you can submit hand written units. We are here to help, so if you have any special learning needs please do get in touch. We’ll work with you and do as much as possible to assist.
How are Personal Trainer Courses assessed?
You can expect to complete the following:
- Home study worksheets
- Multiple choice theory exams
- Case studies
- Practical assessments