Obesity & Diabetes Course
According to the latest research, 62.8% of British adults are classified as overweight or obese. Furthermore, 6% of the adult population suffer from diabetes.
This has created a growing demand for health and fitness specialists who can effectively treat these health problems. Studying our Level 4 Obesity and Diabetes course will give you the required practical skills and knowledge to manage diabetes and/or obesity.
This is a high-demand and exciting course – perfect for those who want to effectively work with a growing population which faces increasing health concerns.
What Obesity and Diabetes course materials will I receive?
You will receive your learning materials comprising of a comprehensive manual and pre attendance worksheet.
What will I learn on an Level 4 Obesity & Diabetes course?
During this course, you will study how to manage diabetes and obesity through exercise and nutrition. This will include:
- Prevalence and classification of obesity and diabetes
- Hormonal considerations of obesity and diabetes
- Genetic influences of obesity and diabetes
- Development and pathophysiology of obesity and diabetes
- How to administer 7-site skinfold assessment
- Historical evidence surrounding obesity
- Introduction to metabolic syndrome
- Exercise guidelines and precautions
- Planning and delivering physical activity and nutritional strategies for obesity and diabetes
- Causes and the psychological impact of the conditions
This is a fascinating course and is a great option for those who want to help others, as well as provide fitness training and planning.
How is the Level 4 Obesity & Diabetes course delivered?
Once enrolled, we will book you in for a call with one of our dedicated telephone support tutors who will plan your coursework completion schedule and explain what is required before attending. They will also provide you with details of how to receive further support throughout your learning.
You will then attend a 2-day course comprising of theory and practical workshops. After the course you will have 6 weeks to complete and submit a hypothetical case study.
How is the Level 4 Obesity & Diabetes course assessed?
Throughout this course, you will be assessed on several key areas of the course – helping to ensure that you have gained a thorough understanding of the causations and interventions surrounding obesity and diabetes.
- Pre-attendance worksheet covering the prevalence and strategies for the management of obesity and diabetes
- Hypothetical case Study covering exercise and nutrition for the management of obesity and diabetes
How do I submit my work?
You need to submit your assignments either electronically or, if you prefer, hand written.
If you have any special learning needs please do not hesitate to discuss them with our advisers, we will do as much as is practicable to assist.