Learn to recognise the signs of mental health in yourself and others.
Around 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem every year. Depression and anxiety are becoming more common. This course looks at how exercise can improve mental health. It is suitable for both fitness professionals and for businesses that want to improve employee mental health.
Learn not only how to recognise the signs of mental health issues but also how to help in a crisis with mental health first aid.
Be able to demonstrate how exercise can be a powerful tool in tackling mental health issues.
Earn an industry-recognised qualification in mental health awareness.
This course can help you meet your organisation obligations in line with The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974). This act states that employers have a legal duty of care to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of all their employees, by raising awareness of Mental Health and giving staff and managers the skills to competently manage and risk assess situations.
Active IQ Mental Health Awareness
Flexible Course | Prices From £195.
After qualifying, you will be in a better position to demonstrate how regular weekly exercise can improve an individual’s mental health and well being.
We offer in-house training which can help raise awareness of mental health in your organisation. This means that we are able to give you flexibility on how the course is delivered. Contact us if you would like to discuss face-to-face course delivery in a workplace environment.
In this course we look at common mental health disorders and issues, helping reduce stigma and discrimination, and encouraging people to talk about mental health.
The qualification gives learners the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill-health in themselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill-health.
This course is supported and assessed by distance learning. This means that you have the flexibility to study at your own pace. This doesn’t mean that you are on your own though, our experienced tutors will guide, support and help you to successfully complete your studies.
This course has two units.
Active IQ Mental Health Awareness: Unit 1 -Mental Health Awareness
• To increase learners’ awareness and understanding of mental health, including what it is, how it can change and how common mental ill-health is.
• To help reduce stigma and discrimination, and identify myths and facts surrounding mental health.
• To identify the signs, symptoms, risk factors and treatments of the most common mental health problems, as well as understanding the support and advice available for mental ill-health and the key sources of information.
By the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Understand mental health.
• Understand mental health disorders.
• Understand the support and advice available for mental ill-health.
Active IQ Mental Health Awareness: Unit 2 -Mental Health First Aid
• To enable learners to recognise and respond to mental health problems in themselves and others and to promote ways of improving mental health.
• To equip learners with the knowledge and understanding to be able to carry out the procedures of mental health first aid and be able to respond appropriately when others are experiencing a mental health crisis.
• To develop knowledge of a range of sources of support, appropriate to different situations including when the person is at risk.
By the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Recognise and respond to the signs of mental ill-health in yourself and others.
Awarded by Active IQ this course will give you a better understanding of mental health and mental health issues.
Awarded by Active IQ, the course combines both theoretical elements and practical application, equipping you with the basic skills required to carry out the procedures of mental health first aid and be able to respond appropriately when others are experiencing a mental health crisis.
To help you to achieve success in raising awareness of Mental Health within your organisation, we have created different learning options. This gives you the flexibility to choose the best learning route for your workforce.
If you would like to discuss course delivery face-to-face in a workplace environment please contact us.
There are no formal entry requirements. Get in touch with us if you'd like to discuss the
Mental Health Awareness course in more detail.
If you need help spreading the cost of the course, get in touch with the team on 0800 999 6664 we'll be able to discuss options with you.
To book on the course and find out about payment options, call us on 0800 999 6664 or schedule a call back with us today.
Affordable Learning, Guided Support and Professional Accreditation.