The curriculum is varied, informative, and will provide you with the skills to begin a career in fitness.
With an in-depth analysis and understanding of health and fitness, you will gain a wealth of knowledge regarding the following topics:
- Planning and delivering fun and engaging exercise sessions for children
- Components of fitness and physical activity designed with children in mind
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Introduction to nutrition
- From these units, you will acquire the skills to plan and evaluate fun exercise sessions for 5 – 16 year olds. In addition to these points, students will also gain a valuable introduction to customer service – with a particular focus on learning how to communicate with children.
This is a challenging yet exciting role that plays a significant part in a child’s health. In terms of future job prospects, the issue of children’s fitness is becoming even more important – with schools and other health facilities now being urged to have more of a positive influence on diet and exercise regimes.