What Will I Learn On The Exercise To Music Course?
This is a broad and exciting course, and is perfect for people who want to help others to get fit in a fun and inspiring way.
During this course you will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- The principles of warm up/cool down in a group environment
- Choreography and timing
- Cueing and teaching
- Cardiovascular conditioning – aerobic curve
- Structure of a class
- Muscular strength and endurance principles
- Flexibility training
- Healthy pregnancy
- Healthy older adult
- Fitness for children 14+
- Principles of exercise programme design
- Communication and teaching skills
- Screening and risk factor identification
- Promoting physical activity for a healthier lifestyle
- Customer care
- Health & safety in the studio
How Is The Course Delivered?
As soon as you book, you will be assigned your own personal support tutor, they will call you to agree a plan of learning, which will include setting deadlines for coursework submission and arranging further revision calls to help you with the theoretical elements of the course.
After completing your home study work, and when you are fully prepared for your assessment, you will attend the three practical course days. These fun and challenging days will allow you to practice your teaching skills using the latest moves and choreography, whilst receiving support and guidance from our expert and highly experienced tutors. Approximately one month later, after some practice at home, you will return for a one day practical assessment, bringing two ‘friends’ along with you to be bodies for the assessment day.
What Course Materials Will I Receive For The Exercise To Music Course?
As soon as you enrol onto the Exercise to Music course, you will gain access to our bespoke eLearning virtual classroom. This hosts our manual (a hard copy version can be purchased at an extra cost), visual-audio revision sessions and instructional videos, everything you need to prepare you for assessment and develop your knowledge and skills. There are online quizzes to check what you have learnt has ‘sunk in’ as well!
How Will I Be Assessed?
To successfully complete this course, the following assessments will be carried out:
- Home study (either online or written)
- 2 x multiple choice theory examinations
- Practical assessment – planning, teaching and evaluating a safe and effective exercise to music session (you must bring 2 people with you for the practical assessment day)