Core Training Course
At Focus Training we want to equip you with all the knowledge you need to provide the best fitness experience for your clients.
We offer an extensive range of courses with this exact aim in mind, and one of our most popular options is the PURE Core course.
What are the core muscles?
Core muscles are the ones that lie deep within the body, extending from the base of the head to the pelvis, and are the foundation of all movement.
The core muscles include:
- Traverse abdominis – this can be found on either side of the naval
- Internal and external obliques – this muscle extends diagonally from the ribs to the pelvis
- Rectus abdominis – this core muscle is more commonly known as the six-pack
Those working within the fitness injury must know how each of these muscles function and how to exercise them properly. Taught on our Pure Core Course, this will help to prevent injury for clients, improve their performance and ultimately, broaden your knowledge.
What is a Core Training Course?
Here at Focus Training, our Pure Core Course is designed to provide you with the required skills and knowledge to create and assist functional movement patterns for clients.
Taught over one day, the core training course will explore the muscles, how they move, what they do, and how to train them. This will equip you with the skills to educate clients on functional movement patterns, which in turn, will help to reduce injury risks, such as back and joint pain, which can occur through everyday tasks.
Overall, the one-day Pure Core Course at Focus Training will provide you with the knowledge and skills to offer safe, effective, and challenging core exercises for a wide range of clients of varying abilities.
Who are Core Training Courses for?
Whether you’re just starting your fitness career, or you’re a seasoned pro looking to improve your knowledge and add more strings to your bow, this is the course for you.
Helping you to grow your skillset and advance your clients’ progress, get in touch with Focus Training today to learn more about our core training course.
Is the PURE CORE STABILITY Instructor Course for me?
This one-day practical workshop is suitable for all fitness professionals holding a Fitness Instructor Level 2 qualification or Personal Trainer qualification who wish to expand their knowledge and skill set to bring more variety to their sessions.
Held at one of our Focus Training venues located throughout the country, this exciting and effective CPD workshop provides participants with the basic skills required to instruct clients in Core disciplines.
The aim of the course is to equip you with the knowledge required in order to create functional movement patterns for clients who need them.
The idea of functional movement patterns is to reduce the risk of injury when training, as well as easing joint and back pain caused by everyday activities.
Functional movement patterns are used during training by those who require supported or seated positions in the gym, and this course will ensure you can offer support and advice on how to use the latest fitness equipment so that clients can get the most out of their training sessions.
This course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to deliver real training programmes to improve people’s function in everyday life. During the course you will also learn:
- How to progress, modify and adapt a range of static and dynamic core stability exercises using body weight only
- Functional movement training techniques utilising the latest range of equipment including trainers and dynamic resistance tubes
- How to incorporate these techniques into your client’s training regime
- How to progress functional movements
- The importance of training functional movement
- How to find and work with functional neutral spine
- How to plank properly!
What can I expect to achieve from the PURE CORE STABILITY course?
- Focus Training PURE Core Certificate
- 7 CIMSPA Developmental CPD points.
How will I be assessed?
As this is a workshop, there is no summative assessment; the tutor will provide feedback continuously throughout the day. You will be assessed on an observational basis during the PURE Core Course.
What are the requirements to enrol on the PURE CORE STABILITY Course?
- Course participants must hold a Level 2 qualification before enrolling on this workshop.
- You must be 16 years or older.
- You will be given a course manual, with further details, once you’ve registered for this course.
Book online – add your course to your basket and pay securely by card or Pay Pal.