Core Training Course
At Focus Training, we offer an extensive range of courses with this exact aim in mind, and one of our most popular options is the PURE Core course. The main focus of PURE Core is to provide trainers with the skills and knowledge required to create and assist functional movement patterns for clients.
This one-day workshop explores the concept of training movements not muscles. You will learn how to train functional movement patterns to help individuals reduce the risk of injury, and back and joint pain associated with everyday tasks.
Exercise prescription can often mean people exercising from a seated, or supported position, training the body with a stimulus that doesn’t exist in everyday life outside of the gym. The course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to improve people’s function in everyday life.
Is the PURE CORE STABILITY Instructor Course for me?
This one-day practical workshop is suitable for all fitness professionals holding a Fitness Instructor Level 2 qualification or Personal Trainer qualification who wish to expand their knowledge and skill set to bring more variety to their sessions.
Held at one of our Focus Training venues located throughout the country, this exciting and effective CPD workshop provides participants with the basic skills required to instruct clients in Core disciplines.
The aim of the course is to equip you with the knowledge required in order to create functional movement patterns for clients who need them.
The idea of functional movement patterns is to reduce the risk of injury when training, as well as easing joint and back pain caused by everyday activities.
Functional movement patterns are used during training by those who require supported or seated positions in the gym, and this course will ensure you can offer support and advice on how to use the latest fitness equipment so that clients can get the most out of their training sessions.
This course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to deliver real training programmes to improve people’s function in everyday life. During the course you will also learn:
- How to progress, modify and adapt a range of static and dynamic core stability exercises using body weight only
- Functional movement training techniques utilising the latest range of equipment including trainers and dynamic resistance tubes
- How to incorporate these techniques into your client’s training regime
- How to progress functional movements
- The importance of training functional movement
- How to find and work with functional neutral spine
- How to plank properly!
What can I expect to achieve from the PURE CORE STABILITY course?
- Focus Training PURE Core Certificate
- 7 CIMSPA Developmental CPD points.
How will I be assessed?
As this is a workshop, there is no summative assessment; the tutor will provide feedback continuously throughout the day. You will be assessed on an observational basis during the PURE Core Course.
What are the requirements to enrol on the PURE CORE STABILITY Course?
- Course participants must hold a Level 2 qualification before enrolling on this workshop.
- You must be 16 years or older.
- You will be given a course manual, with further details, once you’ve registered for this course.