Pure Circuit – Circuit Training Instructor Course
With group exercise becoming increasingly popular, our PURE Circuit course is designed to offer the skills and techniques to teach a safe and effective circuit session. Even if you are experienced in taking circuit classes you will learn valuable tips about how to improve your personal performance leading this form of group exercise, how to introduce new ideas including the use of training aids such as bands and weights.
You’ll be taught a range of skills on the course that is designed for those who prefer the flexibility and motivation of circuit training to the formality of following strict music assisted regimes.
Circuit training is all about pushing yourself – and this course will certainly help you effectively plan classes that do precisely that.
What will I learn on the PURE Circuit course?
You will be taught how to design classes, how to implement your ideas successfully and also how to assess the progress of your trainees.
The course is also designed to provide you with a variety of new training ideas so that you can provide the best Circuit training experiences possible.
There will also be a clear focus on:
- How to warm up/cool down in a group format
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- How to use hand weights and restriction bands in your Circuit
- Flexibility training
- Principle of exercise programme design
- Communication and teaching skills
- Identifying risk factors and screening
- Variety of circuit class design
How will I be assessed?
As this is a workshop, there is no summative assessment; the tutor will provide feedback continuously throughout the course. You will be assessed as you learn via the instructor’s observation.
This means that there will be no written exams or coursework.
What can I expect to achieve from the PURE Circuit course?
Upon completing the PURE Circuit course, you will receive the following:
- Focus Training PURE Circuit Certificate
- 10 CIMSPA Developmental CPD points
This Continuing Professional Development course will ensure you have the skills and expertise required to progress your fitness training talents, as well as expanding and developing the training experiences of your clients.
What are the requirements to enrol on the PURE Circuit course?
- To enrol on the PURE Circuit course, you must already hold a Level 2 Fitness qualification
- You must be 16 years or older.