Love the buzz of teaching your own studio classes?
You’ll love our brand new Pilates matwork instructor course.
Whether you are already a gym instructor, personal trainer or an exercise to music instructor or if you simply want to kickstart a career in the fitness industry, this course is a great choice for those with a passion for people and a love of low intensity workout techniques.
Regularly used as a strategy for reducing low back pain, pilates can help to rehabilitate injuries and address muscle imbalances, as well as develop overall strength and fitness.
Throughout this course, you’ll cover Pilates exercises and how to structure classes and one-to-one session, plus develop your skills as a coach and improve your understanding of anatomy and physiology, posture and movement screening.
What will I learn?
- Client screening
- SMART goal setting
- Key elements within Pilates
- Assessing posture and alignment
- Identifying muscle imbalances
- Correcting muscle imbalances with Pilates
- Activating the core muscles
- Phases within Pilates
- Planning beginner Pilates classes
- Planning intermediate Pilates classes
- Planning Pilates exercise for special populations
- Progressing Pilates exercises
- Using small equipment within Pilates
- Effective coaching skills
- Tactile cueing
- Advanced anatomy & physiology (if applicable)
Upon completion, you’ll receive an Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork. Your first step towards a career within a health club, leisure centre or boutique fitness studio, as a fully qualified Pilates instructor.
Ready to stretch your skills? Contact the team to book onto our upcoming courses at Trafford Park, Manchester this September. See more here.