Ok so as fitness enthusiasts you probably watch what you eat, and you can't get better than chicken as it's very lean and has a high protein content and is relatively cheap in comparison to mince and steak. However it does get boring, so here’s a few tips to make that chicken taste better.
1) Marinate you chicken for 24hrs before you cook it. Fruit juices or chicken broth are healthier but other marinades can make it very tasty. The longer you marinate it for the tastier it will be. Always cover and refrigerate though!
2) Seasoning. Use strong seasoning such as hot peppers, fresh herbs, infused vinegars or grated lemon to add real taste.
3) Sautéed chicken tastes good but with the cooking oil can add unwanted fat. Try a non stick grilling option with fresh peppers and onions for something different.
4) It's far too easy to overcook chicken, particularly when you don’t want to give yourself food poisoning! Instead use a thermostat to check it's cooked thoroughly. Chicken breasts need to be cooked to 170 degrees F and whole chickens need to be cooked to 180 degrees F. This way you’ll retain more moisture within the meat.
5) If you’re cooking a whole chicken, leave the skin on and remove before eating. This way the meat will retain more moisture and taste.
6) Salt and Sugar rub. Place a chicken breast into a resealable bag with some course salt, brown sugar, black pepper, paprika and chilli powder and rub into the meat. Refrigerate for 8 hours then rinse off all the salt and sugar and cook to your liking!
Focus Training are amongst the UK's most trusted education program providers in the fitness industry for their expertise in physical fitness. Our preferred Focus Training courses concerning this particular blog post on six tips for plain old chicken include our level 2 gym instructor courses
, exercise referral qualification
, sports massage courses near me
and the extremely popular pt courses
A student won't be asked to have a prior experience to have the online customer trainer course; however awareness of the fitness industry and using a workout room is helpful. Through our main page you are able to find a lot more educational info on pt courses online