With Valentine's Day creeping upon us, picking out the perfect gift can be a challenge at the best of times if you're out to impress. These days, a box of chocs and a bunch of blooms just won't cut it.
Whilst the relationship between a Personal Trainer and their client should always be a professional one, love is a force not to be reckoned with. So, if you're planning to lavish a little love on the Personal Trainer in your life, we've rounded up a few ideas from the Focus team to get you started.
The Kit List
- Body/parallel bars. With gymnastics already making a comeback for the New Year, body bars are a practical gift for any forward-thinking Personal Trainer that plans to offer the latest fitness techniques.
- Agility ladders. Take them anywhere... on the gym floor, into clients' homes or out to the park for some fresh air fitness. An essential bit of kit for outdoor fitness coaches or the Personal Trainer who travels.
- Cones. Perfect for agility training, it's amazing how these things get lost. Simple, effective training aid for a Personal Trainer that coaches a varied selection of clients.
- Skipping ropes. A popular form of cardio training, skipping isn't only super effective but takes us back to our childhoods. Kit your PT out with a set of ropes to add a little extra fun to the fitness regime.
- Power sleigh. Great for anaerobic activity, this piece of kit allows a trainer to create numerous exercise programmes that offer something a little different to the standard gym equipment.
- Power bags. Clients want to get more done in less time, thanks to busy schedules and darker nights (not to mention those dates if your Valentine returns their affections!) Power bags will add extra resistance to any workout, allowing a savvy PT to maximise their clients' session time.
- Kettle bells. Great for high-intensity training, these essential tools can be used anywhere, thanks to their portability and varied weight range. Perfect for clients across the board.
- Yoga mats. Not just any yoga mat. One with exceptional grip, serious support and alignments guide to help us perfect our pose. Yoga is tipped to be a hot trend for the year ahead. (Show me!)
APPAREL TO ADORE
- Weighted vest. The most comfortable and easiest way to add resistance as you train. Muscles are forced to work harder for the duration of the workout. Perfect for PT's that need to train quickly and effectively in between client sessions.
- Boxing gloves. Since the emergence of Boxercise, boxing has quickly spread throughout the UK as a fitness trend, with thousands of boxing-style classes nationwide. Every good boxing coach needs a great set of gloves.
- Clothing Vouchers. Personal Trainers wear sports gear every day. It sees a lot of movement, a lot of sweat and a lot of hot washes (amongst other things!). So a fitness pro will never turn down a contribution towards some new athleisure. Just don't let them wear it on a date!!
A LITTLE ON THE SIDE
- Fit grips. By increasing the diameter of the bar, clients will feel a much greater muscle activation in their hands and arms. This increased muscle activation leads to bigger, faster gains in muscle size and functional strength. Great news for results-driven PT's.
- Stopwatch. Sure, we all have stopwatch apps on our phones. But how about a gadget that records time to the nearest hundredth of a second, measures temperature, humidity, holds a memory for numerous training sessions and fits comfortably on the wrist to keep the hands free? That's what we're talking about.
- Body fat testers. Because a good Personal Trainer is all about continual measurement and accurate assessment, not just digital tracking.
- Whistle. To take us back to the days when we dreamt of being a sports coach. Plus, shouting over the noise of the gym floor doesn't half take its toll on our throats.
So, with our hit-list of gift inspiration for a fitness fanatic you're fond of, give the gift of fitness this Valentine's Day!
Do you have what it takes? You have a fondness for fitness, ambitions to make a change and an attitude that just won’t quit. You have the makings of a future fitness leader. Our popular courses relating to this blog post the love of fitness | valentine's gifts for personal trainers include our personal trainer courses
, gym instructor courses
and the ever-popular sports massage courses
Whether you want to coach members at your local health club, lead your own studio classes or get the little people moving… a Level 2 personal training Diploma course qualification is where it all begins. All our courses are designed to give you the necessary tools to become a fully-certified fitness professional. Alternatively, via our home page, you can find personal trainer courses