For many of us, Christmas gift shopping is a hobby in itself. Picking out the perfect presents is almost a test of friendship to ensure you splurge on something you know they'll love.
But when it comes to buying gifts for those you don't know on a personal level, finding a suitable stocking filler can be a head-scratcher.
Which got us thinking, Personal Trainers usually have all of the latest fitness gear, gadgets and gizmos to help keep them ahead of the game. So what do you buy for the Personal Trainer in your life?
We asked the Focus Training team what was on their festive wish list this year, to give you a little inspiration on presents for the pros...
- Body/parallel bars. With gymnastics set to make a comeback for the New Year, body bars are a practical gift for any forward-thinking Personal Trainer that plans to offer the latest fitness techniques.
- Agility ladders. Take them anywhere... on the gym floor, in clients' homes or out in the great outdoors. An essential bit of kit for the Personal Trainer who travels.
- Cones. Perfect for agility training, it's amazing how these things get lost. Simple, effective training aid for a Personal Trainer that coaches a varied selection of clients.
- Skipping ropes. A popular form of cardio training, skipping isn't only super effective but takes us back to our childhoods. Kit your PT out with a set of ropes to add a little extra fun to the fitness regime.
- Power sleigh. Great for anaerobic activity, this piece of kit allows a trainer to create numerous exercise programmes that offer something a little different to the standard gym equipment.
- Power bags. Clients want to get more done in less time, thanks to busy schedules and darker nights (sofa time anyone?) Power bags will add extra resistance to any workout, allowing a savvy PT to maximise their clients' session time.
- Kettle bells. Great for high-intensity training, these essential tools can be used anywhere, thanks to their portability and varied weight range. Perfect for clients across the board.
- Yoga mats. Not just any yoga mat. One with exceptional grip, serious support and alignments guides to help us perfect our pose.
- Weighted vest. The most comfortable and easiest way to add resistance as you train. Muscles are forced to work harder for the duration of the workout. Perfect for PT's that need to train quickly and effectively in between client sessions.
- Boxing gloves. Since the emergence of Boxercise, boxing has quickly spread throughout the UK as a fitness trend, with thousands of boxing-style classes nationwide. Every good boxing coach needs a great set of gloves.
- Clothing Vouchers. Personal Trainers wear sports gear every day. It seems a lot of movement, a lot of sweat and a lot of hot washes. So a fitness pro will never turn down a contribution towards some new athleisure.
- Fit grips. By increasing the diameter of the bar, clients will feel a much greater muscle activation in their hands and arms. This increased muscle activation leads to bigger, faster gains in muscle size and functional strength. Great news for results-driven PT's.
- Stopwatch. Sure, we all have stopwatch apps on our phones. But how about a gadget that records time to the nearest hundredth of a second, measures temperature, humidity, holds a memory for numerous training sessions and fits comfortably on the wrist to keep the hands free? That's what we're talking about.
- Body fat testers. Because a good Personal Trainer is all about continual measurement and accurate assessment, not just digital tracking.
- Whistle. To take us back to the days when we dreamt of being a sports coach. Plus, shouting over the noise of the gym floor doesn't half take its toll on our throats.
- Parachute. (Our writer did double-check this one.) A fitness parachute helps to maximise acceleration and top running speed through resistance and over-speed training. A great alternative to the usual outdoor training techniques and perfect for the game-changing Outdoor Fitness Coach.
...either that or a member of the team plans to make a great escape this festive season.
Do you have what it takes? You have a fondness for fitness, ambitions to make a change and an attitude that just won’t quit. You have the makings of a future fitness leader. Our popular courses relating to this blog post Christmas gifts for personal trainers include our personal trainer courses
, gym instructor courses
, exercise referral courses
and the ever-popular sports massage courses
Whether you want to coach members at your local health club, lead your own studio classes or get the little people moving… a Level 2 personal training Diploma course qualification is where it all begins. All our courses are designed to give you the necessary tools to become a fully-certified fitness professional. Alternatively, via our home page you can find personal trainer courses